Threats to validity
- Guido Imbens, “Statistical Significance, p-Values, and the Reporting of Uncertainty.”1 This is available on iCollege, and it’s also free here.
- Randall Munroe, “Significant”
- Alexander Coppock, “10 Things to Know About Statistical Power”
- Play around with FiveThirtyEight, “Hack Your Way To Scientific Glory”
- Chapter 9 in Impact Evaluation in Practice2
- Chapter 11 in The Effect3
The slides for today’s lesson are available online as an HTML file. Use the buttons below to open the slides either as an interactive website or as a static PDF (for printing or storing for later). You can also click in the slides below and navigate through them with your left and right arrow keys.
Videos for each section of the lecture are available at this YouTube playlist.
You can also watch the playlist (and skip around to different sections) here:
Here are all the materials we’ll use in class:
- Session 6 FAQ slides (PDF)
- Bayes theorem, the geometry of changing beliefs
- Bayes and Covid
- Restaurant ratings
Paul J. Gertler et al., Impact Evaluation in Practice, 2nd ed. (Inter-American Development Bank; World Bank, 2016), https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/25030. ↩︎